Monday, October 01, 2007

In Green Pastures

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake." Psalm 23:1-3

There are times when the goodness of life astounds me. Of course, there are also times when its difficulties astound me, but lately the times have been good. Reminds me of a winter trip to Phoenix a few years ago, leaving snow and overcast skies for sunshine and deep blue (see below).

Brian, Sarah and Alex arrived safely in Grand Rapids from Australia and promptly set to work figuring out what to do next. Brian received several employment offers from naval architecture firms in the DC area and one from a small pipeline engineering firm in west Michigan (which happens to be mine). He and Sarah chose the latter, and we are very pleased to have them back in Grand Rapids along with their wonderful son (and our grandson!).

I think the prospect of inexpensive and loving child care may have entered into their decision. They have purchased a car (Scion XB) and are in the process of purchasing a beautiful house, soon to be their loving home. We pray for God's blessing as they settle in, and I look forward to October 8 when a quality engineer joins the crew at HT Engineering!

Tom's Army National Guard training is stepping up as he prepares for overseas deployment next year. We pray for his growth in grace, his safety and that the Lord will allow stability in the Middle East! We love you, Tom!

2 comments:

The Coopers said...

Thanks Dad!

Unknown said...

Well said, Dan. You guys are in our prayers. We are so excited to have Brian, Sarah, and Alex back, and we will pray for Tom as well. We will pray for all of you, too, in the inevitable transitions of life.